Author: embraceradio

Page: 4

Prince Charles to walk Meghan Markle down the aisle
Prince Charles will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle at her glittering wedding to his son Prince Harry on Saturday
It's after her own father had to pull out because of ill health.

Her father, Thomas, told celebrity website TMZ he was not coming because he had had a heart operation days before the ceremony, in a family drama that has played out under the glare of global media attention.

“Meghan Markle has asked His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales to accompany her down the aisle of the Quire of St George's Chapel on her Wedding Day,” Harry's office Kensington Palace said in a statement.

“The Prince of Wales is pleased to be able to welcome Ms. Markle to The Royal Family in this way.”

The statement implied that Markle would still enter the chapel alone with her bridesmaids and page boys, as the Quire is located about half-way down the church. The actress said on Thursday she was sad her father could not ma..

Sergei Skripal released from hospital after poisoning
Sergei Skripal, a former Russian spy who was poisoned by a nerve agent in Salisbury more than two months ago, has been discharged from hospital.
Sergei Skripal, 66, a former colonel in Russia's military intelligence who betrayed dozens of agents to Britain, and his daughter Yulia were found unconscious on a public bench in the southern English city of Salisbury on March 4.

Britain has accused Russia of being behind the nerve agent attack and Western governments including the United States have expelled over 100 Russian diplomats. Russia has denied any involvement in the poisoning and has retaliated in kind.

The Skripals were in a critical condition for weeks and doctors at one point feared that, even if they survived, they might have suffered brain damage. But their health began to improve rapidly, and Yulia was discharged last month.

“It is fantastic news that Sergei Skripal is well enough to leave Salisbury Distri..

Guardiola signs new Manchester City contract extension
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola signed a contract extension with the Premier League champions that will keep him in the job until 2021.
The Spaniard joined City in 2016 and led them to the Premier League title this year, 19 points ahead of second-placed Manchester United.

City became the first top-flight club to collect 100 points in a season and broke records for goals scored in a Premier League campaign (106), the most victories and best goal difference.

“We are delighted to announce the extension of Pep’s contract through to 2021,” club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said in a statement on City's website.

“In his two seasons with us, he has fostered an incredible spirit within the squad and significantly contributed to our progress both on and off the field. In doing so he has embodied the passion and commitment we all have for the club.”

Published: 18/05/2018 by Radio NewsHub

Another major eruption on Hawaii's Big Island
Kilauea volcano spewed ash nearly six miles into the sky and scientists warned this could be the first in a string of more violent explosive eruptions.
“This has relieved pressure temporarily,” U.S. Geological Survey geologist Michelle Coombs told a news conference in Hilo. “We may have additional larger, powerful events.”

Residents of the Big Island were warned to take shelter from the ash as toxic gas levels spiked in a small southeast area where lava has burst from the ground during the two-week eruption.

The wind could carry Kilauea's ash plume as far as Hilo, the Big Island's largest city and a major tourism center, the County of Hawaii Civil Defense warned in an alert.

“Protect yourself from ash fallout,” it said.

Some Big Island residents had feared “the big one” after Kilauea shot anvil-sized “ballistic blocks” into the visitors' car park on Wednesday and was rocked by earthquakes that damaged buildi..

Two dead after New Jersey bus crash
A student and a teacher were killed and 43 others injured when a school bus with preteens on a field trip collided with a dump truck on a New Jersey road.
It ripped the bus apart and leaving students dangling by seat belts, officials said.

The crash occurred about 10:20 a.m. in Mount Olive Township in Morris County, Governor Phil Murphy told a news conference. The bus was carrying 38 students and seven adults, including the driver.

“Some patients are in critical condition and currently undergoing surgery, so please keep everybody in your prayers,” Murphy said.

“There is an awful lot we just don’t know,” the governor said, adding details of the crash were not being released pending an investigation.

The front end of the bus was severed from the vehicle and the body of the bus was separated from its chassis, which remained on the highway. The dump truck seemed to be mostly intact.

The bus was carrying students from East Brook Middle Schoo..

Wenger backs Arteta to succeed him at Arsenal
Mikel Arterta has “all of the qualities” to become the next Arsenal manager, according to Arsene Wenger who is leaving the club after 22 years in charge.
British media reported that former Arsenal captain Arteta has emerged as clear favourite to take over from Wenger.

“He has all the qualities to do the job, yes and I think as well he is one of the favourites,” Wenger, who signed Arteta for Arsenal in 2011, told beIN Sports.

“He was a leader, and he has a good passion for the game and he knows the club well, he knows what is important at the club and he was captain of the club.”

Spaniard Arteta, 36, took up a role in Pep Guardiola's coaching staff at Manchester City in 2016 but has never managed a team, a lack of experience that has raised concerns among Arsenal supporters.

Wenger, however, believes Arteta could benefit from his own first-team coaches, like Steve Bould and Jens Lehmann, who are still at the club.

“I left ..

Meghan Markle's dad won't be attending the Royal Wedding
Meghan Markle has confirmed her father would not be attending her wedding to Prince Harry.
Markle's father, Thomas, had been due to walk his daughter down the aisle at the glittering ceremony at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday.

But the former lighting director for TV soaps and sitcoms gave a series of contradictory statements this week about whether he would be there, with the Los Angeles-based celebrity website TMZ.com saying he had undergone heart surgery on Wednesday.

“Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health,” Meghan Markle said in a statement.

“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”

Saturday's wedding will be a sumptuous show of ..

YouTube to launch music streaming service
Google's YouTube said on it will launch a new music streaming service, YouTube Music, next week.
It will also unveil soon a premium service that will charge more for its original shows.

YouTube Music, which will be launched on May 22, comes with extra features like personalized playlists based on individual's YouTube history and other usage patterns, YouTube, owned by Alphabet Inc's Google, said.

The video streaming company said it will also launch YouTube Premium, the revamped YouTube Red subscription service.

The new ad-supported version of YouTube Music will be available for free, while YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership without advertisements, will be available at $9.99 a month, YouTube said in a blog post. https://bit.ly/22KeLVl

YouTube plans to charge $2 more for its premium service, as it includes YouTube Music service along with its original shows. YouTube Premium will be charged at $11.99 for all new m..

UK dismisses report it could stay in the Customs Union beyond 2021
A source in Theresa May's Downing Street office has dismissed a media report saying that Britain would tell Brussels it was prepared to stay in the European Union's customs union beyond 2021.
May's ministers are deadlocked over a future deal with the bloc and the Telegraph newspaper said Britain could stay aligned with the customs union if technology needed to operate borders was not ready in time for 2021, when a transition period after Brexit ends.

“We agreed in December and in March to a backstop but the proposal put forward by the EU is completely unacceptable,” the person familiar with the situation said.

“It would mean a border down the Irish sea and we could never agree to that. Negotiations are taking place on what a workable backstop might be.

“The PM and the government are absolutely clear once the implementation period is over in December 2020 we will be able to not only negotiate a..

Top stake on gambling machines to be cut to £2
The maximum stake on fixed odds betting terminals will be cut to two pounds from the current 100 pounds.
The government has confirmed the move.

It's one that curtails a major source of revenue for high street bookmakers and potentially puts jobs at risk.

The decision follows complaints that the machines were highly addictive and had led to gamblers building up big losses. The terminals are a major source of income for high-street bookmakers which had argued that a cut to the lowest possible option would threaten thousands of jobs.

A fixed odds betting terminal (FOBT) is a touch screen machine that allows players to bet on the outcome of various games such as roulette.

“These machines are a social blight and prey on some of the most vulnerable in society, and we are determined to put a stop to it and build a fairer society for all,” Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for the Department of Sport, said in a statement.

The gov..


Current track
TITLE
ARTIST